Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodnight


What I would do to tell you "good night". To walk you to your front door, kiss you on the forehead and say "good night". Tuck you in my sheets, hold you, and whisper in your ear "good night". But now I am left alone in a dark room, with only the ability to dream of something that is better than my current reality. I know this though, with everything in me, that right now you lay in a soft and quiet sleep with no disruptions. If you were awake, I would surely lie next to you. Many would call it impossible, but I know different; anything with you is possible. You would think of me, as I am thinking of you and we would dance the night away. But that is not my reality right now, just the fantasy that I have dreamt of, with no one but you.

Why must I lay awake in depression? Why do I not receive the satisfaction of being next to my lover? Have I disappointed the God in heaven, Whom we know makes these decisions? Whatever the reason may be, I still yearn for the opportunity to simply hold your hand. Yes your hand. Your little hand which is nothing bigger than the average reading book, is something very delicate and precious. It gives life to anything worth living and has healed many of my wounds with a single touch. So right now, I pine to hold your hand through an entire "good night".

No comments:

Post a Comment