Saturday, December 15, 2012

Soaring into the Regions of Romance

 I wish that the words came as easily to me as they used to. Once before in a time long ago I was able to scribble scraps of romantic verse like it was my only purpose in life. Now though, these words are hard to configure. I cannot say that there is a direct correlation between my level of affection and my ability to construct rhythmic tones of passion. I know this because I feel much more for you now than what I once felt back when our only worry was rushing to finish lusting so that we may turn in a midnight assignment on time. 

Back in my youthful days, in both mind and spirit, I was able to fabricate the verses that would both make your heart flutter and your legs tremble. But now i have no clue where this talent has gone. I don't know if I can blame my lack of articulation to the fact that I work every ounce of sweat from my body during the week and spend the weekends sleeping off my exhaustion. Anytime between then I am thinking of you, and you only, hoping that you think of me as I think of you. 

I wish to one day settle down in a safe cozy place that we can be free from the nagging of the outside world. In this place, and this place only, we may sore into the regions of romance. I want to experience this with you, I can think of no other to share such an experience with. I have expressed this unknown devotion to you, but i am afraid that my devotion to you is not mirrored by yours to me. For now, I will accept this fact and make peace with it. I will patiently wait for your reciprocation of my affection. For when that day arrives, I will be kneeling in the center of the universe singing the great songs of commitment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment